1) Went to see "Man of Steel on Thursday June 13th. I enjoyed it but was withholding judgement on it until I saw it on Friday with htbthomas and argentum_ls
2) Took the train up from Carbondale to Chicago to meet up with htbthomas and argentum_ls so we could all see it together and meet each other. I had a really fun time despite the baby starting to make walking around difficult. When I got to the Chicago Union Station I knew for certain that a major scene was filmed there. I distinctly recognized it. Unfortunately I accidentally left my fanfic that I was working on while on the train and my wallet in argentum's vehicle (luckily I had backup cash and card in my backup in case of just this sort of situation) so other than having to make an extra trip out to argentum's family the next day all was not lost. htbthomas and I spent the morning and early afternoon at the Field museum before heading back to our hotel room to relax and then head out to argentum's family's place. That was a minor adventure (for me) in and of itself. I said my farewells to htbthomas at the suburban train line before heading back. Unfortunately the McCormick Place stop is not an option to get off at on the weekends so I had to trek back from the Museums stop to get back to the hotel. By that point I was a little too tired to try and go back out for dinner so I just had my leftovers from lunch and relaxed in the hotel room (thank god our room had a mini fridge!) Next morning I took the buses out to Union Station and headed home. I had upgraded my seat to a business class seat when I purchased my train tickets because it was the exact same price as the general seat that I had going into Chicago. I was glad I did. I was able to relax and my back was given a break in a way that it wasn't on the way up. Made it home with no real difficulties. I think I'll be taking the train again in the future if I decide to make a Chicago trip again (at least one on my own).
3) Went to an old friend's baby meet and greet yesterday. I hadn't seen her in years but I'd talked to her for a while online. Met her new husband and her one month old. He was absolutely adorable!
4) We're about two months away from the due date and NO we do NOT have a name picked out. We have a spreadsheet of over 50 names, many of which were rejected the last round. We have a while (we didn't pick out War'N Peace's first and middle name until we were in the hospital waiting for the time for him to be born.)
4) I just saw the news yesterday about the sequel to Man of Steel (that may not technically be a sequel but a Batman reboot/Superman team-up). I'm not keen on this. I think it's rushing things to make a teamup before establishing the characters fully. I mean Ironman had two films to his name before they added in Thor and Captain America to make "The Avengers" (I've seen all of them, and only one of them on the home screen). I seriously think they're rushing it and going to lose out in the long run. I would have been excited for a MoS sequel that stood on it's own feet. There were so many things hinted at within that universe and not enough hints towards an outgrowth of it yet. By adding in Batman before those establishing hints they are jumping the gun. I've taken a day to process the news and I think this a little disconcerting.
- Current Location:home
I went to take my sixteen month old out to my favorite hobby shop so I get him ready to go (actually was not that bad) and get out to our van and him strapped in. I go to turn on my vehicle and.... nothing. Nada. The battery was kaput. I figured it had to have been an accident on my part (I'm known for forgetting to turn off the headlights during the rain) and that things would be resolved when my husband came home for lunch and gave me a jump. Uh. Uh. Wouldn't even click of give any indication that it was working. So we pullk the battery out and after dropping hubby off at work War'N Peace and I head over to Wal-Mart so they can figure out whether it's a battery problem or something else. it had only 4 amps out of 700. So they go to try and charge it and it goes into a major testing mode, making it so it wouldn't be done by the time I had to go pick hubby up from work (the fact that they were testing it didn't bother me because we needed to get a few staples to fill in the gaps.) After going to pick up hubby, we head back to Wal-Mart to find out whether the battery was bad. Apparently the testing said that it was a bad battery and needed to be replaced. So they went and replaced it (as no cost to us) because it was less than three years old. So we get home and place the battery back where it belongs and try to start it up. The van alarm goes crazy. Hubby and I are shouting over the horn to be heard (I needed to find my keys that I apparently had misplaced after we tried to charge the van.) I couldn't find it and hubby accidentally locks both his and my backup set of keys into the van by accident. On top of that, hubby had locked his car at some point making it so NEITHER vehicle was accessible.
The little silver lining in the situation: While I was not able to find my car keys (they're the only ones with the security fob for the van) I managed to find the valet key for my hubby's car so he can at least get to work in a pinch.
Sometimes I hate having ADHD.
Now look at him! </a>He's a year old now. His birthday was only a few weeks ago. And now we have even more news. Apparently I'm pregnant again. He's going to have a little brother or sister to cuddle! Wish me luck, I feel like I'll need it as he's not even two years old (it had been my ideal to have my kids between 2-3 years apart so they'd still be close and yet their own individuals.)
Well I didn’t finish yesterday’s list but let’s see if I can get it done this time. Anything that did not get finished yesterday will be added to today’s list. Yesterday's list can be found on my tumblr( http://danceandmore/tumblr.com). I want to try and update this as I get stuff done.
- Wash off kitchen counters
- Do a load of laundry
- Fold Clothes (some folded, not all yet)
- Clean oven
- Put Clean Clothes away (some put away, not all)
- Clean toilet in Master Bathroom
- Clean floor of Master Bathroom
- Pick up 25 pieces off of Master Bathroom sink
Check online Classes Pick up 25 pieces of stuff from Living Room Floor
- Pick up 25 pieces of stuff from War’N’s bedroom
- Fruitland Meats Run
Pick up 25 pieces of stuff from Living Room Floor
- Clean Master Bathroom Mirror
- Sweep Kitchen floor
- Pick up 25 pieces of stuff from Living Room Floor
- Read homework for online Class (Ch.1 and Case Study 2)
Pick up 25 pieces of Stuff from Master Bedroom
- Pick up 25 pieces of Stuff from War’N’s Bedroom
- Vacuum living room
clean off Living room/Kitchen ledge
- Pick up 25 pieces of stuff from Master Bedroom
- Pick up 25 pieces of stuff from War’N’s bedroom
- “free task”
- “free task”
...and I noticed something interesting and curious all at the same time. There's only been one person who's prompts Clark (or Superman)/Diana but there's been multiple people to prompt for Lois/Clark(Superman). And that's not even taking into account all of the dozens of people prompting for the Smallville specific pairing. I just have to hope that this means there is still a MUCH larger interest in Lois/Clark (Superman) porn (and pairing) than the Diana/Superman one.
On my JaNoWriMo front, I know I haven't really kept anyone up to date on my writing. Well today I'm going to crow about it a little. I promised myself that I'd write 25,000 words over the course of January on two stories I've had in the works for the last year or so. They were actually initially started as one single story until I was convinced by my beta to split them into two (plus) and make it a series instead.
I'm not up to date on my writing but I'm well on my way to being on track to make my 25,000 word count.
Words written today: 1556 (keep in mind my daily goal was around 806 to 807)
Today's total word count is: 10,008
My Goal (for today's) word count is: 12,097
So I'm around 2000 or so short but if my writing for today is any indication, I expect to catch up to that by the end.
The story I'm writing is a fanfic re-write of an episode so perhaps that is helping because I already have a little bit of a template. It's a bit of a cheat, I'll give you that. But as the series starts with a single twist in one episode I'm trying to explore how that one change affects the subsequent ones. This one that I did a majority of the writing on didn't really change significantly (it was the B-plot if affected) but it plays a MUCH bigger role in episodes after the one I was doing the re-write of.
- Current Mood: thoughtful
To kalalanekent (basically Lois and Anissa) I want to wish an extra special one of getting to relax off of their feet. Next year is going to be extra amazing no matter what happens (and even if Man of Steel is a success there will ALWAYS be a place in the Superman fandom for the Reeve movies, I'm certain of it.)
To januaried, I wish things had turned out better for you this year what with what happened at the end of last year. I seriously hope (and expect) this year will be much better. Enjoy your last year of college! I know it can be difficult but it should be worth it in the long haul!
To ahavah, I love hearing how things are going in your creative endeavours! Enjoyed hearing about the NaNo process this year and hope you made it to your word count! I hope we can to a few word wars for JaNoWriMo!
- Current Mood:busy
Universe: Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Notes: An AU of "I'm Looking Through You." Don't worry it diverges pretty significantly early on. This was originally posted on the Lois and Clark Fanfic Message Boards under the name "Christina"
Disclaimer: There are segments of this base upon the auction scene in "I'm Looking Through You" written by Deborah Joy Levine. All rights belong to her and DC. No copyright infringement is intended. This is solely a fan work and I have not nor will not receive any income from it.
( The AuctionCollapse )
- Current Mood: chipper
1) War'n Peace is just starting to walk! It's only a step or two here or there but it's only a matter of time. He's also getting in two more teeth, bringing his total to 8 baby teeth. He seems to be enjoying daycare but that's only two days a week.
2) My UltraWoman cosplay outfit is in the process of being developed. If I can get the cape done I'll wear the Work in Progress for Halloween as a generic "SuperMom." It's seriously doubtful anyone will know the costume while we're out so I'm not too worried that the unitard that I currently have for it is the wrong color (it's a dull hot pink versus a lavender/fuschia color.) After Halloween I'll dig into finding a new unitard in the right color in time for the Cape Comic Con in April. If nothing else I want it done in time for the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL in June.
3) Things at the museum are moving along well. We've had our annual treasure tag sale at the beginning of Sept. and now we're in a slow lull before winter arrives and we officially close for the year in December. After we're closed I'm looking forward to developing our steamboat exhibit again. We've had one for a number of years but it's been revamped and every time it's been revamped it's gotten smaller and smaller and smaller. Now that the steamboats are once again making an appearance in Cape Girardeau we're going to redesign it to be at least as relevant to local history as it was to the overarching history of the Mississippi River. I'm excited about it. In the meantime I've been given the go to start a monthly feature on our Facebook page I'm tentatively calling "Artifact of the Month." I'll be writing up a blurb about an item that probably won't be on display in a year or two and a little background about it. It's one way to check to see if we still have it (as items get lost all the time) and where it is in our collection, a little bit about it, and get it into our database we have so many collection items that have not made it on display and unless we set up our exhibits as a bunch of ONE kind of item things never will be seen. It's sadly not uncommon for this to occur with all museums. This is just our way of letting the public have another way of accessing these items, some of which may never be shown.
4) I have a few new fanfics to add over here based upon the "Lois and Clark" versions of Lois and Clark/Superman so whenever I have time I'll post them here. If you're not that patient, head over to the "Lois and Clark Fanfiction Message Boards" and look up any stories by "Christina."
5) Speaking of writing, I realized a bit ago that it was NanoWriMo time but I just don't have the time to devote to it between War'n, the fanfics I'm so far into that I need to do more editing than writing on them, my cosplay outfit, my schoolwork and the museum exhibit. I'm sorry I can't. I am looking forward to rooting on the people who are participating though.
6) School hasn't been going well and that's kind of a bad thing. We've been paying to put War'n Peace into a daycare two days a week so that I could (it had been hoped) finish up taking classes so I would at least have some kind of degree (a bachelors). I am taking four classes. The problem for me was (and still is) I haven't yet figured out a system that will let me get my schoolwork done and have time to study for the classes. As a result, I've been getting fairly poor grades in all of them. Sometimes I wish I didn't have ADHD. I think I might be able to salvage two of them (they're both Ds currently) but that still puts me at least one to two semesters away from graduating. Hubby had been funding two of the four of these courses in the expectation that I would graduate (as well as the daycare.) Now that's likely to be out the window (meaning I'll need to limit my coursework to 1 class a semester as that's what I'd be able to afford with my job.)
So that's where I am right now. How are you doing?
- Current Mood:busy